• It's Time for the NEC to be its own Regional Operation

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by DutchRailnut

David your waking up the Bush bashers with your comments, I for one am ready to gear up on it.

(btw did you get pictures they went in mail thursday)

ps did you see Fahrenheit 9/11 yet its great :-) :D :) :P :P :wink:
  by LCJ

David Telesha wrote: ...mark my words and don't expect any changes if the two "JOHN's" get elected.
Yes, but there's much more at stake than Amtrak. I'll say no more, since this is not a political forum after all.

by ClubCar

This Republican is voting for KERRY!!!!!

by DutchRailnut

me too :-) two Johns beats a Bush, A Dick, Colen :wink: :wink:
  by ClubCar

David Telesha wrote:.... Over 1,000,000 Al Qaeda are here, according to some former Clinton era FBI operative - funny how he knew they came in during the period of 1992 and 2000.

BTW, (AND THIS WILL RUFFLE FEATHERS!) - why are Bush-bashing statements tolerated, but when someone presents the other side, its a pile-on and then delete match?
Practice what you preech David.....

Mr. Bush has effectively ruined this country economically and its standing in the international community.

This Republican (registered since 1976) is STILL voting for Kerry.....and sanity!
  by JFB

David Telesha wrote: (AND THIS WILL RUFFLE FEATHERS!)
And yet the correspondent continues. Telling.

by DutchRailnut

lets see the republicans claim Clinton lied(about a private blowjob) but meanwhile my stocks did great, there was a budget deficit, Fuel was $0.99 cents and elderly people could go to doctor with decent coverage.
the economy was good.

Now under the Shrub, the economy sucks just like when his father was leader.(remmember them thar 1000 points of light) we don't hear a thing about George's extra marital indescretions, our civil liberties are shot, Fuel is at $2.00 per Gallon, the elderly are under insured and loosing income from pensions.
We are in a war started over lies(no special prosecuter), there are no WMD, there are no El Queda ties, Afghanistan still has a Taliban, but nearly 1000 American boys got killed for nothing.(yes proposing the Draft again. ) Dick Cheney's Haliburton is doing great however, and you got your day out on a token tax break.
got to love republicans the will defend their Fuhrer..
my favorite web site:
http://www.whitehouse.org/ it has as much or not better stories than Republicans can tell :wink: :wink: :wink:

by JFB

David Telesha wrote:I have the right to level the playing-field and give the other side ...

On a street corner, yes. On a rail board, such political posturing is silly and pathetic. And not appropriate.
... but when everyone just starts bickering, it makes everything worse ...
Which seems to be your aim in this thread.
... let the two involved hash it out.
No, just stop.

by Irish Chieftain

P.S. We created and are the world community
That's a false statement. The British Empire created that. The US took the lead when the dollar gained strength and commodities (especially oil) were traded in US dollars versus British pound sterling. Now Russia, of all countries, is looking to start trading oil in Euros.

The PNAC's rhetoric, hawkish and dangerous, alienated allies around the world, and certainly has led to the creation of the currently largest world superpower—the European Union.
Last edited by Irish Chieftain on Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by mattfels

according to some former Clinton era FBI operative
A source would be helpful, something we can all check.
  by Noel Weaver

Amtrak is a BIG issue, much bigger than meets the eyes of some people I
fear.
A key passenger carrier in many corridors both east, west and in between.
It is also a national system, break it up and we will have non.
If you do not want to fly or drive, without Amtrak you will have one
choice, a Greyhound Bus and in my opinion, there is no worse way to get
somewhere than on a long distance bus.
Amtrak is the KEY passenger carrier in the northeast and is probably very
close to it in California as well.
Amtrak needs to be properly funded and properly operated if our country
is to remain strong and not decline.
On top of all that, it is also a major employer of a lot of hard working
Americans coast to coast. Coast to coast? how about Beach Grove, Ind.?
We are piddling away a fortune in highways and airports, we need to do
a lot more for Amtrak and rail too.
Noel Weaver

by crazy_nip

"In 2002, New York and New Jersey paid much more in Federal taxes than they got back in aid, while Florida got back 99% of what it paid"

cry me a river...
  by Noel Weaver

Amtrak is a BIG issue, much bigger than meets the eyes of some people I
fear.
A key passenger carrier in many corridors both east, west and in between.
It is also a national system, break it up and we will have non.
If you do not want to fly or drive, without Amtrak you will have one
choice, a Greyhound Bus and in my opinion, there is no worse way to get
somewhere than on a long distance bus.
Amtrak is the KEY passenger carrier in the northeast and is probably very
close to it in California as well.
Amtrak needs to be properly funded and properly operated if our country
is to remain strong and not decline.
On top of all that, it is also a major employer of a lot of hard working
Americans coast to coast. Coast to coast? how about Beach Grove, Ind.?
We are piddling away a fortune in highways and airports, we need to do
a lot more for Amtrak and rail too.
I wanted to get two cents more in here as this thread is liable to be locked
with the previous stuff on here. Most of it I agree with.
Noel Weaver

by ClubCar

David Telesha wrote:How about everyone else start "practicing" and not making political statements in the first place? I have the right to level the playing-field and give the other side - but when everyone just starts bickering, it makes everything worse - let the two involved hash it out. Also, I have no polical affiliation at all - I'm independent and belong to no organizations.
Mr. Bush has effectively ruined this country economically and its standing in the international community.
That's your opinion. Personally, I found a new job last year, and found my tax cut most enjoyable - and I'm far from rich - that's a provable fact! I also have made money in investing - seems that its really not bad at all. Political montra clouds people's heads too easily.

P.S. We created and are the world community - no one else pours money and supplies into poor and struggling countries like us - if it weren't for the US, the world would be in chaos - and only speaking German, Japanese, and Russian...... We have been and always will LEAD by EXAMPLE - if its unpopular to save the world without some countrys' help, we know it has to be done and do it anyway. Oh yes, having a "team" to help certainly makes things easier - but one man can and will make a difference. Besides, remember Bosnia? US troops should never, ever, be under the command of some NATO commander.

USA - ALL THE WAY - I am an American first and proud of it.

YAWN...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

by Robert Paniagua

it is time you northeast bums begin to pay your own way

Ok, I'm now putting my foot down on this one. Nip, do us all a favor here, and just be a little nicer to us NEC riders, I mean I know that you are not quite agreeable with our views here, but at least we here should be tied in with the rest of the Amtrak System, like Noel Weaver stated.

Just a suggestion, thanks!