• If You Say Something, See Someone; Err No...

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by philipmartin

http://www.trentonian.com/opinion/20141 ... nj-transit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For the record, the few times I have reported an unattended bag, the Transit Police have treated it seriously. (Also, I'm not above asking if it is ticking; but I report it right away.)

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Fixed thread title.
  by 25Hz

Wow, I've actually seen that guy!

You know (and not to start an argument).... i cannot shake the nagging feeling that he wasn't taken seriously due to his skin tone, which if true is really sad. I've witnessed such disparity vs my own & other persons interactions with police at newark penn, trenton, new york penn, and in jersey city with HBLR. The professionalism is definitely hit or miss. Back when i was riding NJT regularly, the cops on duty at trenton were actually pretty nice and had good heads on their shoulders. That was over 3 years ago.
  by philipmartin

As an njt employee, I doubt that race had anything to do with it.
  by 25Hz

philipmartin wrote:As an njt employee, I doubt that race had anything to do with it.
I would hope not, though it remains a possibility.
  by Jersey_Mike

You should have told them someone was on the platform taking pictures and left a bag behind.
  by TDowling

I saw an unattended bag at Ridgewood station while riding to Hoboken not long ago and told the crew....they seemed to be rather nonchalant about it. Although it appeared to be an unassuming manila package, it still didn't feel right imo. They should have taken it more seriously. I happen to be white, btw so race is definitely not a factor here.