• I set off an alert!!

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by CSXWife

Yep, I finally did it. I set off an alert at the yard yesterday when I went to pick up DH. I didn't mean to but I guess they are on higher alert since the incident in NJ. I drove in like I normally do to pick up DH but when I got to the lot there were no spaces left so I circled and parked nearer the building. Meanwhile I guess they sent out an alert that a while car was running around the south end of the yard and the Trainmaster was out to investigate.

I am parked for at least 5 mins when I hear a tapping on my window and a CSX vehicle is pulled up behind me. I rolled down the windows and the TM introduced himself to me. I about died, he was really good about it though. I told him DH was dogging and if he could get him into the yard that would be great since they had been sitting outside of the yard for almost 4 hours now. He took me seriously and went and got DH and his engineer!

Anyhow, I am now acquainted with the Trainmaster and probably the whole of the yard know about the woman in the white car with the Mary Kay Sticker now. :) Nice to know they pay attention.

by CSX Conductor

Security in a yard? Never heard of that one before. :( What incident in NJ?

by jg greenwood

I'm still racking my simple mind attempting to relate this post to employment!? OK, now I have it; it's a primer on evading security measures!?

by CSXWife

Apparently a film crew went out to the NJ yard and attempted to film there to prove the lax security. They were aaprehended and they think other people are attempting the same in other yards. /shrug first I ever heard of it but thats what I was told.

by CSXWife

jg greenwood wrote:I'm still racking my simple mind attempting to relate this post to employment!? OK, now I have it; it's a primer on evading security measures!?
This is just where I normally post. I haven't posted anywhere else. If a mod wants to move it go ahead.

by thebigc

jg greenwood wrote:I'm still racking my simple mind attempting to relate this post to employment!? OK, now I have it; it's a primer on evading security measures!?
OK, OK...

Hint taken.

by CSX Conductor

I'd be embarrassed if my wife came to pick me up and told the trainmaster to get me off the train. Umm, hello dear, you want me to make the money,right? lol :P

by CSXWife

CSX Conductor wrote:I'd be embarrassed if my wife came to pick me up and told the trainmaster to get me off the train. Umm, hello dear, you want me to make the money,right? lol :P
DH 'understands' me I guess thats why it works so well for us. He accepted a loooong time ago I am liable to be a little goofy at times, what can I say I get a little 'excited' when I know he's coming home :wink:

Truthfully I thought he'd be embarrassed too but lets just say he saw the humor in it too :)

Wow

by CSX-COAL HAULER

Don't take this personal CSX wife-BUT DOES DH DO ANYTHING FOR HIS-SELF? Just wandering. :P There is no way in this world my wife would ask for me to get off a train -unless it was an emergency. And if my conductor's wife got us relieved off a train-especially while we were on the big dollar (OT) I would have to have a major talk with him. If I need to get off a train I'll be the one who calls to get relieved. :P

by Aji-tater

Is DH PW?
  by CSXWife

CSX-COAL HAULER wrote:Don't take this personal CSX wife-BUT DOES DH DO ANYTHING FOR HIS-SELF? Just wandering. :P There is no way in this world my wife would ask for me to get off a train -unless it was an emergency. And if my conductor's wife got us relieved off a train-especially while we were on the big dollar (OT) I would have to have a major talk with him. If I need to get off a train I'll be the one who calls to get relieved. :P
He does plenty on his own, but it was the TM talking to me and it was him that asked me if he was dogging. So I was just honest with him (I don't like to beat around the bush, you guys may have noticed). It doesn't mean DH lets me do everything for him, although ask any wife it sure feels like that sometimes. Just I have a more 'go get' attitude than your average mouse. Like I said, why my husband loves me for who I am :)
Is DH PW?
What is PW?
  by jg greenwood

Is DH PW?
What is PW?[/quote]

Come on now, use your abundant imagination!!

by CSXWife

FYI to CSX Eng I have TWO jobs, run the house and we have one child and actually lost one in pregnancy earlier this year. So as you can see my plate is FULL. I still make time for my husband and all because I am a go getter and get things done doesn't mean my husband has to be too. He is laid back and easy going, we balance one another really well. Just shows we don't all have to be the same or conformist. The world would be such a boring place wouldn't it if it were :)

Oh and just so you all know, DH appreciates me taking care of everything so he can spend his free time pursuing HIS hobbies. I only have two rules, one is he takes care of the yard and two....well you can guess that one :)

by Aji-tater

Hey, whatever works!

It sounds like at least one yard is security minded. That is probably a good thing. But most places they have cut the ranks of Special Agents and Railroad Police (same thing different name) along with cutting everything else and there is less security than there used to be. Of couse the TM was pretty brave when one woman drove in - I wonder what he'd do if it was a carload of males.

Maybe you should ditch the two jobs and apply for a job with CSX also LOL. You are a go-getter, maybe you'd be made an official and wind up being DH's boss. I bet you'd stir up a ruckus maybe that's what they need :-)

by CSX ENG

CSXWife wrote:
I only have two rules, one is he takes care of the yard and two....well you can guess that one :)
Sure he takes care of the yard---it sounds to me the poor guy is on your leash!!!!