• HUGE cut of scrap cars at Sullivan

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by rb

There are about 35-40 loaded cars stored adjacent to the Orange Line station.
  by cpf354

rb wrote:There are about 35-40 loaded cars stored adjacent to the Orange Line station.
That's what they call Yard 21, right, or what's left of it? Probably cars to or from Prolerized New England in Everett, a subsidiary of Schnitzer Northeast. I've read they signifigantly expanded rail operations there since Schnitzer took over, but I'm not sure if they load cars, or receive loaded cars, or both.

by tom18287

i dunno where theyre from but theyve been there for at least a couple weeks, unless its a totally new set since the last time i took the t

by roberttosh

Probably loads going in for export/shredding. I think Maine Metals at Auburn ships in there and I know that WTE (formerly Kramer) at Greenfield sometimes sends cars there as well.

by b&m 1566

There's a place in Concord, NH that shreds metal with the finished product going out but I'm not sure if they also receive loads by train for metal needing to be shredded. I've only seen empty cars in route to Concord to pick up not drop off.