• Hottest Train on CSX

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Thatguy

Which train running currently on CSX is the hottest?
  by johnpbarlow

I think the Lake Shore Limited is permitted to run 79mph in some spots on CSX. ;-)
  by CSX Conductor

The hottest train would probably be the transcontinental produce trains from outwest to Albany, NY. I forget the symbols though.
  by Rockingham Racer

On the UP: ZWASKP eastbound ZSKWA westbound
which becomes
CSX: Q090 / 091
Last edited by Rockingham Racer on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by Arrestmespi

the north(east) bound juice train
  by mmi16

Name your territory....each has it's own HOTTEST train!.
  by Rockingham Racer

Here's a territory that seems to have no hot trains: New England.
  by CSX Conductor

Rockingham Racer wrote:Here's a territory that seems to have no hot trains: New England.
Ain't that the truth!! :( I remember getting held on a solid UPS train during "Peak Season" before X-Mas a few years ago, waited 30 minutes for a 20 car trash train to come the other way instead of holding them 15 miles back. :(
  by railman616

Hi
Hottest train on the B & A is the L170 UPS onThursday Night. It splits off of Q100 in Selkirk and is due in Worcester by 12:00am. Dispatcher clears everything out of its way and helds any westbound freight that might be running late. Q420 if it gets out on time has a great run as it sees green all the way to Worcester just to stay out of the way.
Regards,
Railman
  by scooterz66

There are similar trains that come from / through Buffalo to Chicago. Basically, a "Get Outta The Way!" train
  by QB 52.32

railman616 wrote:Hi
Hottest train on the B & A is the L170 UPS onThursday Night. It splits off of Q100 in Selkirk and is due in Worcester by 12:00am. Dispatcher clears everything out of its way and helds any westbound freight that might be running late. Q420 if it gets out on time has a great run as it sees green all the way to Worcester just to stay out of the way.
Regards,
Railman
L170 and Q100 out of Selkirk on Thursday must be handling that west coast UPS traffic for New England and New York that was sped up a few years ago --- LA to the East Coast packages picked up in L.A. Monday and delivered on the East Coast Friday. Would be my guess that this traffic is the hottest on CSX.
  by railman616

Yes, Q100 brings the Hot UPS from the West coast for New York and L170 splits off in Selkirk for New England.
  by Amtrak700

Ever since CSX...there are no hot trains...in their mind? A loaded coal train, or a garbage train
  by Noel Weaver

Seriously at least during my years on the railroad the hottest train was any train with a crew on "short time" meaning that
they were trying to get the train in to the terminal without the engineer and or conductor outlawing.
Having said that, UPS is probably one of the most demanding customers of any and they are a big customer too so I think
trains carrying a lot of UPS traffic would probably be considered very, very hot trains.
Noel Weaver
  by videobruce

Spin a wheel. Pick something.................