• HO, N Con-Cor's Zephyr

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Chuck Walsh

Courtesy of Trainorders.

Model Railroading

Date: April 1, 2005 22:06
Are the Con-Cor Zephyrs out yet??
Author: Mgoldman
Pre-ordered an HO Con-cor Burlington Zephyr, but only recently, about 2 months ago....
Haven't heard a word since. Are they gone, or not even out yet?
Answering my own question on Google - from the Con-cor site:

Latest update on the HO and N Pioneer Zephyr Projects.

This project is taking longer than we expected, but as new information on the Zephyr was unearthed for us by the Burlington Route Historical Society, and other Zephyr enthusiasts over the last year we incorporated that information into the model when appropriate,and this tended to delay things as production of molds had to be delayed as we updated the drawings etc.

The good news is we are 99% finished with all tooling and engineering as of late March 2005. We expect production to begin in early April of the HO models, and it will take several months for all the sets to be produced. Then we have to add in about 30 days transit time across the Pacific Ocean to our Arizona warehouse, and then we can start shipping them out. With the huge number of orders we have, it will take us a couple of weeks to get all the orders shipped out of Tucson. All the tooling for the "N" Zephyr is scheduled to be finished by early May, and we have been making flying changes in the "N" tooling using information learned from the HO models.. so they should be along 3-4 months after the HO models (fingers crossed).

0.0724 secs

by NellsChoo

I inquired about these as well, only I was curious about how close they will be to the Flying Yankee. Turns out they are not the same... oh well, I guess I can save money, then! :-)

by Otto Vondrak

More official info about the project can be found here:

http://all-railroads.com/zephyr.html

Then again, maybe they will just decide to cancel this project, like they did for the North Shore Electroliners...

-otto-

by NellsChoo

Model Railroader just had a photo of the prototype, if that means anything...

by NellsChoo

Recent news is that these puppies will be out soon, if you ordered one.

by steemtrayn

NellsChoo wrote:Recent news is that these puppies will be out soon, if you ordered one.
I ordered mine yesterday, they said August.

by NellsChoo

Hmmmmmmm... gotta love it... never know WHAT'S going on...

by BEDT16RMLI

i am picking one up in n scale just to have one

by Chuck Walsh

BEDT16RMLI wrote:i am picking one up in n scale just to have one
Me too. This is my first pre-mature buy.
Since HO will precede the N version, it's success or failure will
immediately spill over into N. There will be a time lag between the scales.
These HO's will be leaving China this week and will probably enter US through the Port of Long Beach and then trucked into Tucson for a July
retail delivery.