• HO models available for Nationales De Mexico

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by AmtrakPhill629

Are there anyone who Models Nationales de Mexico? I just purchased 1 4-4-2 Pullman Sleeper and I want to know what else is out there in Ho scale.

by Otto Vondrak

I'm sure you tried a Walthers search and a Google search for the answer to your question?

-otto-

by Steve Wagner

A Walthers search wouldn't help much in this case, because most of the models are/were/will be from Athearn, whose products Walthers doesn't carry.

A search for NdeM at www.athearn.com yields one or two out-of-production GP38's, and two improved GP38-2's expected early in January, plus Genesis F9's coming both with and without sound. Also a bunch of freight cars, most "temporarily out of production" but probably on some dealers' shelves. The freight cars wear the fairly old (into the 1960's?) livery; the one with the more recent billboard italic initials, the "ACF 50' boxcar", isn't shown with a picture.

In addition to the models listed at its current website, Athearn also had a Special Edition three-pack of two kinds of cabeese decorated for the NdeM.

There was also a producer named, I think, Mexicano Models, that decorated Athearn freight cars for Mexican lines, probably including the NdeM. I have an orange Chihuahua al Pacifico 50' boxcar with a full color picture of a Tupamara Indian running; I bought it used, without a box, but it probably came from that line.

by Otto Vondrak

I think Mexicana Models was a division of Bev-Bel... and I haven't seen their models offered in years.

-otto-