• HO Life Like RDC's in NYSW and BC Rail

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by NJTRailfan

I'm trying to find out if Life Like will come out with Budd cars HO Scale done in the NYSW scheme. I heard that they wil lhave two different numbered cars. I'm also trying to find out if they modeled Budd Cars in the British Columbia paint job. which versons did they manufacutre them in. I heard it was an all coach and a Budd Car that was a combo coach, mail and baggage. I really like their paint job.

Can anyone give me info and post pics on what they look like? Thanks

by Steve Wagner

Go to www.lifelikeproducts.com and look under Proto New Releases for information on the forthcoming Suskie RDC's. They'll have purple letterboards with silver lettering. I think the ends will be plain stainless steel, but there's no photo.

Go to www.modeltrains.com and look under Proto HO Canada and then British Columbia Railway for listings and photos of RDC's in both the relatively old two-tone green and the newer red, white and blue paint schemes. Note that the RDC's made for Hobbycraft Canada have even nicer paint jobs than the ones in U.S. roadnames, in that what represents the rubber gaskets around the windows is painted black.

by NJTRailfan

I liked the BC's because it has the nicer paint scheme out of all the ones I saw plus for some reason only the ones with the Canadian road names have the window trims painted black and the over head fan blades and vents on the roof painted as well unlike the US road names which have none of that. The Amtrak version was quite disappointing. My favorite is the BCs and VIA isn't that bad looking.