• History of Colebrookdale Railroad from Pottstown to Barto

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by Clayton M. Leister

Basically, I know a brief history of the Colebrookdale Railroad form Pottstown to Barto; however, I am lacking specifics such as dates. Can anyone offer or suggest a more detailed history of the line?
My Father, at 21, was clerk and telegrapher for Mr. Hersch in Barto. Daily, he boarded the milk train headed for Philadelphia to Boyertown where he worked with Claude Croll as telegrapher. Earl Keim was their runner delivering messages.
Unfortunately, those who could share detailed information are gone.
Thank you.
  by fp7fan

I would like to learn more about the branch, too - you're right, a lot of the "old timers" are gone and with them knowledge of the line.
If you find a good source for info, I would appreciate you posting here to let those of us who are interested know.

Billy