• Hillsboro Branch/Elmwood

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by ajcdice

I am looking for a certain Hillsboro Branch/Elmwood photo from a book.

It was one of the last trains to go beyond Greenfield--a Mass Bay RRE special in 1983 with MBTA CR equipment. Can anyone remeber which book contains this image?

I am racking my brain, but can't remember.
If anyone has any other freight images or stories of activity Elmwood to Hillsboro including the paper mill, I would love to hear/see them.

thanks!

by b&m 1566

I don't know of any book but I do remember seeing a picture or two of the last train on NErail; if I can remember correctly. I know one of the pictures was the MBTA train sitting at the Bennington Station. I believe it was a push/pull run because the picture was taken with the engine on the south end of the train.

by outinindiana

There is a chapter in HIGH GREEN AND THE BARK PEELERS which talks about the Hillsborough local.

by MEC407

And that is an amazing book to read, for anyone who has ANY interest in the B&M!