• Hickory Creek debuts at Grand Central - 10/24-27

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

As the Good Lord intended, the markers of the Hickory Creek will once again be seen at the bumping blocks of famed Grand Central Terminal. Here's your opportunity to ride aboard this car... the fares are relatively inexpensive for a short jaunt up to Albany.

http://www.startrakinc.com/hickorycreek ... hedule.htm

THIS WILL BE THE HICKORY CREEK'S FIRST RETURN TO GRAND CENTRAL SINCE 1967!!

-otto-
  by 20th Century Limited

Thanks for the post Otto. We look forward to bringing the car to GCT after all of this time. This is what it's all about - getting the car out on the road and making it available for everyone to see, enjoy, and photograph. With any luck we will get some media exposure and make this event available for even those that can't be at GCT. We look forward to seeing everyone at GCT with your cameras in hand, for a photo opportunity not available since 1967. And of course that means rolling out the red carpet!
Last edited by 20th Century Limited on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Tom Curtin

20th Century Limited wrote: And of course that means rolling out the red carpet!
Wouldn't that be great to see!!! (Is anything like that remotely possible?)
  by Otto Vondrak

Here's a picture from a few years ago of the Hickory Creek rolling past Bannerman's Island...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/255 ... a288_o.jpg

-otto-
  by Otto Vondrak

Tom Curtin wrote:What trains will it be on and what times will it be in GCT?
The link to the schedule is the first post in this thread.
  by transit383

Here's a shot of the HIckory Creek at her current home in Lebanon, NJ:

Hickory Creek

Glad to hear the car will be visiting its true home once again!
  by Tom Curtin

I regret we may find MNR and/or Amtrak Gendarmes barring access to railfan photographers at GCT. I hope I will be wrong about that
  by Kaback9

Tom Curtin wrote:I regret we may find MNR and/or Amtrak Gendarmes barring access to railfan photographers at GCT. I hope I will be wrong about that
I have been thinking about that too, there is no way I'll be able to get a shot of her if the AmGestapo is there, at least ill be able to get shots from Harlem-125th.
  by spacecadet

Ahhhhhh!! I am just gonna miss this at Albany - I'm taking the Adirondack up this weekend, and we'll miss it both ways by just a couple hours.

If I'd known about this ahead of time, I probably would have done this instead of taking the Adirondack in the first place :(
  by Otto Vondrak

Re: Hickory Creek debuts at Grand Central - 10/24-27

Postby 20th Century Limited on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:59 am
If there is anyone that would like to join us, we do have a few seats available still for all segments. We will accept credit card reservations up to and prior to departure as well as cash.

http://www.startrakinc.com/hickorycreek ... hedule.htm