• Heritage Car Names

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by astrosa

Just posted a list of all the car names I'm currently aware of on my website. The list is mostly specific to the time period I'm interested in - roughly the Phase III era - so some named cars may have been retired by this time.

Car Names List

I'm hoping this list will be helpful to railfans and modelers because while this information is available online, I've taken the time to combine it all in one location. But I still haven't located all the car names I need, and most notably I'm missing several 10-6 sleeper names from the ex-UP, ex-ATSF and ex-SP groups. So if anyone here has this information, or knows where to get it, please let me know!

Incidentally, I'm also working on a collection of scale drawings that will (hopefully) eventually include every group of cars in the Heritage Fleet. That's more directed towards modelers though, so I won't go into detail here except that I'm constantly in search of photos showing Heritage cars from roughly 1980-1996. I've probably found most of the images available online, but if anyone is aware of a good source, including books and private collections, I'd appreciate your help.