• Help Needed!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Centurylover68

I run an N-Scale set-up and some of my engines are broken down or acting up! Help would be appreciated. One problem engine is a Bachmann 4-8-4 w/52' tender. It can hardly back up itself! Another is a Bachmann USRA 0-6-0 w/slope tender and it trips the overload on my controller everytime I attempt to give it throttle. Finally my Minitrix F unit has a bent axle right where the wheel attaches. How do you fix that? Any help would be thankful. Help for the Northern is the most important as I might sell. Its operation never made me happy.

by conrail71

The Bachmann units could be sent back to Bachmann, there may be a charge but if the engines run right it will be worth the cost. They may also just need a good tune-up (ie. clean the wheels, lube running gear and drive train and clean the motor -commutator, brushes etc...) You should be able to find a parts donor for your F unit on e-Bay.