• Hearings on Artery transit commitments postponed

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Pete

Just a note stating what might be obvious already -- the hearing tonight in JP that's part of the latest attempt by the state to wriggle out of its Central Artery transit commitments has been postponed due to snow, as was Monday's hearing in Somerville.

New dates haven't been announced yet.

One has to wonder how it would have looked if the hearing went on and the 60-foot CNG buses had to be pulled due to their tendency to flail about in the snow.

Keep an eye on www.arborway.net/lrv for the new meeting date when it becomes available.

by Ron Newman

I don't understand why they cancelled this hearing. Isn't it reasonably accessible via the Orange Line?

by Pete

Ron Newman wrote:I don't understand why they cancelled this hearing. Isn't it reasonably accessible via the Orange Line?
Many businesses and schools are closed today because they're barely getting people in as it is without this new snowfall. I think it's to be expected.
  by jrc520

good one ron:-)

by Pete

The Somerville hearing has been rescheduled for Monday, February 28, Somerville HS, I believe 6pm.

The JP hearing is now scheduled for Wednesday, February 16, 6pm, Agassiz School.

by Pete

6:30-8:30pm for both, reports the Globe's Mac Daniel.