• Has anyone dealt with 1st Hobbies, Bluffton, IN?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ANDY117

Has anyone had experience with these guys? Im thinking about getting some CP SD40-2's.

by Hoosier Joe

Do you mean 1stplacehobbies in Bluffton,In ? I have been to their store which is very small and has little actually in stock .

by ANDY117

After searching the net, i came upon the LAST old production Dummy NS Dash 9. So that should be hopefully here sson. Their prices are reasonable, but 1stplaceehobbies is considerably cheaper in regards to CP SD40-2's.

by Otto Vondrak

Are they a web site, are they a store with a physical location? Pretend I have no idea what we're talking about.

-otto-

by ANDY117

They have a store in California, and are on the web at

www.discounttrainsonline.com

3333 Harrison Street, #8
Riverside, Ca. 92503

My C40-9W is due next wednesday, and First place hobbies is

117 E. Market Street
Bluffton, IN 46714

But 1st place has like, 7 CP SD40-2's, so im looking at those as well, so i can more accurately model the sanding racks in Conklin, as well as bigger road freights. I think the GP9m's will be around a while.

by ANDY117

1st place hobbies is

www.1stplacehobbies.com

by CIOR

I deal with him via the internet for almost all my walthers cat. orders. I find he has great prices in compair. Since A+ is gone (Hoosier Joe should know what i am talking about) I get most of my motive power from that auction site everyone knows about...LOL

I found that 1stplace hobbies is the quickest around and normally I have my order at my door in less the a week.

by ANDY117

His prices are terrific on CP Sd40-2's and GP7/9m's. During the downtime i may get some of them so i can build up the fleet a bit more...

by FiatFan

I have found they have good service and prompt shipping. They also have a nifty little service that you can request to be notified when an item is in stock. They actually do send you an e-mail when they receive it.

Tom

by ANDY117

Should i get the StL&H SD40-2 set from Discounttrains, or try and find it with Google? I'm just wondering if the Dash 9 problem was with the manufacturer.