• Happy New year to all

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

I just want to wish everybody on the MBTA board a Happy New year and also, it's my 29th birthday today.....

So again, a happy New 2005!!

by AEM7AC920

Happy New Year to all and Happy Happy Bday Mr Paniagua!! :-D

by Robert Paniagua

Thanks, AEM7 0920. Glad my Bday is on New Years.....

by CSX Conductor

Robert Paniagua wrote:Glad my Bday is on New Years.....

Yeah, you always know that there will be a party to attend somewhere !! :P

by jwhite07

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to you, Robert.

I crept a bit further into my thirties earlier this week...

by Robert Paniagua

Thanks CSX Conductour :-D....

Although I wasnt riding the T to do so this time around, I probably would have rented the 01400 train to celebrate my next Bday (30 y/o in 2006).

Thanks JWhite also.......

Hopefully this will be a better year for the MBTA especially with the T8 debacle and this could be the year that we could see the new 0700s for the Blue Line too.

by fm535

HappY BirthdaY Rob!!!!!!!!!!!! ANother fine year here at the forum and another fine year for you....can we just get the red Line in better shape (The post about Shawmut was so exact and on the mark...I don't think the T/Mulhern really cares, like they are treading water or something!) Anyway... You have a great day, and a better weekend!

Sincerely!!!!!!

by Robert Paniagua

Thanks you too Frank. Hopefully Savin Hill Station will reopen and the other Ashmont Branch Stations will be rebuilt from this year to next year.

by ST214

Happy Bday and happy new year to all. Here's hoping for a career change by the end of 2005.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Happy new Year and happy b-day :-)

by Charliemta

Happy birthday Robert, and Happy New Year to all the rail fans on here. Here's hoping that 2005 will be the year rail transit makes some progress in the Boston area.

Thank you all for this great website.

by CRail

Happy Birthday Rob.

2005 is a big year for me and for the cities transportation.

This is the official year for the big dig to be OVER!!!
This is the year we recieve 0700s
This is the year we recieve revolutionizing kawasakis.

This is the year of my high school graduation
This is the year I turn 18
This is the year I hope to begin my potentially life long career with MBCR.

I am very excited about 2005 and anticipate many milestones in life, as well as boston, and the T.

by Robert Paniagua

Thanks ST214, CharlieMTA and CRail!!

And hopefully Mr. CRail is right about his post that we'll have all those items for our transportation system.

I compare this year however to it's child year, 1987 when it was also a transition year for the MBTA, including the closure of the Washington Street EL and the rebuilding of the 015/1600s for the Red Line, plus the arrival of the 01700s.

Also CRail, I wish you the best in being an MBCR Crew member.

by BC Eagle

Happy New Year Everyone! Happy Birthday Rob!
  by GP40MC 1116

2005 i hope needs to be their year that the MBTA does a complete revap. I mean i would hope the T Brass figures their some people out their like us railroad.net folks who like trains alot more that others :) Things i hope to happen in 2005

1- The Blue Line Get's New Cars
2- The "new" Trackless Trolley busses don't start to look like crap-keep em clean
3- Just for one week in the MBTA system a Comm Rail train can run w/o mechanical difficulties
4-The Silver Line gets better and things keep looking good their
5- The MBTA/Amtrak Police are better to the simple railfan trying to take photos

These arn't wishes just something that needs to happen!

Happy New Year and healthy 2005 to all
Happy B-Day to our main man on the forums!!