• Happy Holidays!!

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by Steam man

Happy Holidays!!

(Photo is the Southern Division at Atsion in better days--by me)

by georgehyland

That is a great picture - do you have any more like that from Atsion? My father used to be the pastor of the little church on Quaker Bridge Road. I remember hearing trains go buy when I was a little kid. This would have been in the mid-70s.

by Steam man

georgehyland wrote:That is a great picture - do you have any more like that from Atsion? My father used to be the pastor of the little church on Quaker Bridge Road. I remember hearing trains go buy when I was a little kid. This would have been in the mid-70s.
Funny you should say that, as the photo was taken from the grade crossing on Quaker Bridge Road right by that little church. We were coming out of the woods after a day of 4 wheelin' in the snow and I had one picture left on the camera (Oldtime type, with film). So I stopped the truck on the crossing,snapped the shot with no composition or other such in mind and was surprised how nice it was when the film was developed. But ain't that the way it goes sometimes. And I'm afraid it pretty much a one off picture.

by georgehyland

I have some good pictures from last Summer too. I should post them. I may head back there this weekend to do some hiking with my sons.