• H8K-Former H07

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by chuxter26

Yes....start time moved up to 5pm......
  by Walla183

Chuxter, is that on Sunday only? Weekdays have been around 11pm-12am through Rutherford lately
  by chuxter26

It's 5pm all 5 days...Sun-Thurs.......
  by bigkidtrainz31

sounded like serious
power out there tonight....
rumbled by close to 1 a.m.....
peace,
  by Walla183

sheer awesomeness tonight

ns gp38-2
UP AC gevo could not catch number

elephant style with maybe 10-15 covered hoppers.

through r-ford 12:31am
  by bigkidtrainz31

yeah notch 8...
that thing was
roaring for sure....
peace,
  by chuxter26

That was the UP 7465..ES44AC with the NS 5610...A railroad version of The Odd Couple....
  by waldwickrailfan

it woke me up around 1 in the morning, taking its time up the hill, why does it get out so late though? they moved the time up an hour and a half, and it comes out about 3 hours or so later than when it used to? so does that mean it really takes 7 hours just for the train to get out of the yard? i would understand if it had many cars on it, but that 5PM start time sounds like a 9PM start time, just my thoughts
  by SecaucusJunction

Maybe they do other work before coming out. They don't spend nearly as long on NJT anymore since they don't go all the way to Campbell Hall.
  by chuxter26

The 5pm start was to allow the crew to also deliver the H08/M&NJ cars to Marion yard before leaving for Suffern..Will probably go back to 6:30 later this month when they can go to Campbell Hall
  by waldwickrailfan

Thanks for clearing things up Chuxter. Now I understand. Will the HO7 job become HO7 when they can go to Campbell Hall later this month? Or will H8K replace it for now
  by bigkidtrainz31

late post:
WB thru Rutherford around 12:30am
didn't catch the power, looked like
10-15 cars, then about 30 or so rumbled
back EB towards Croxton a few hours later...
peace,
  by waldwickrailfan

Really late post I know, but around midnight last night I heard something that sounded like a road engine with maybe 15 cars at most behind it
  by Walla183

gp38-2's rumbling through r-ford 10:14pm

sounded short