• Guilford Rail System OR Pan Am Railways

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

Even though the locomotives still say Guilford, the company changed its name officially back in April or May. So, I would label the photos Pan Am.

by Jonny Bolt

I still call 'em "Gillfid" :-D Probably always will.

by Steve F45

How long till we see a pan am painted loco?

by MEC407

2005Vdub wrote:How long till we see a pan am painted loco?
Hard to say. But it probably won't be long. I think there are still one or two BM GP40s in the original Phase I paint scheme... when it comes time for them to be repainted, I think it's safe to assume they'll be emerging from the shop in blue.

by Jonny Bolt

They shoulda stayed Blue tha way they were lol. Wouldnt have to worry about it.

F Gillfid. F Fink. F Pan Am. F em all. Wreckers of history.

by aline1969

So the building at Billerica yards should say Pam-Am now? Sounds like an airline name...lol

by Rockingham Racer

aline1969 wrote:So the building at Billerica yards should say Pam-Am now? Sounds like an airline name...lol
Well, it is. Which is the reason most of us here aren't enamored of it!

by MEC407

It's also why airline fans are utterly disgusted to have their favorite airline associated with a freight railroad. :wink:

by Ron Newman

Or at the very least, with this freight railroad.