• Guilford GP39-2 379

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by doublebell

You are correct.
John Collins

by TerryC

Thank You doublebell for the clarification.

keep asking keep learning

by TerryC

I just saw this photo http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=76216 It looks as if the GP39-2s were owned by Canadian Pacific after Guilford rid it self of Delaware & Hudson, but before CSXT got them. Is this true?
(Could the photo also be of a GP39-2 that CSXT just received?)

by doublebell

CP did not get them.
John Collins

by TerryC

Thank you again doublebell.

by NellsChoo

(wow, every time I click a link to that site, my computer gets bogged down with pop-ups! Doesn't make for a friendly experience...)

by paulrail

No kidding!.....tell me about it!

All I hear is whump,...whump...whump,...whump as my "pop-up killer" goes into action! It sounds like a machine gun,....as it kills so many damn pop-ups! ......Works great!

Paul
  by D&HRailnut

NYS&W (operator of the D&H, after Guilford threw the D&H to the wolves) sold off the 7400's to the CSX in 1991, prior to the sale to CPRail in a effort to cut operating costs.