Railroad Forums 

• GS Engine in Lark Colors

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1586956  by Pensyfan19

While I was scrolling through YouTube today, I found a vintage video of California in the 40s remastered in color. At 2:27 into the video, a Southern Pacific GS engine (maybe 4420) pulls into the station with what looks like a Grey livery used for the Lark. Was this a coloring/restoration error, or did the SP roster a GS engine with this paint scheme?

https://youtu.be/aq2Ig-p9WNs
 #1587020  by eolesen

Aside from black or black with silver, the only other colors I've ever seen on any of the GS's was the Daylight scheme.

I don't think the Lark had a custom paint --- my understanding is the Lark sleepers were assigned (or reassigned) out of the same pool used for the Overland (CHI-OAK).