• Green Line Derailment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by fm535

The Boston Globe reported a derailment that occurred on Tuesday night. Does anyone know what type of car it was?

"Out-of-service trolley derails; no one hurt

MBTA officials are investigating what caused the derailment of a train at the Cleveland Circle stop last night. According to MBTA spokesman Joe Pesaturo, no one was aboard the out-of-service train when it went off the tracks at about 9:10 p.m. There was no significant damage to the train or to the tracks, and the derailment was not expected to affect the morning commute, Pesaturo said. The train was back on the tracks and moving again at 10:45 p.m."

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

probably a Type 8 :(

by MBTAFan

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:probably a Type 8 :(
I doubt it. I haven't seen a Type 8 on the C line in quite a while. Unless it was the non-revenue trackage down chestnut hill ave, right near Cleveland Circle...

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

oh i didn't know that Types 8's didin't run down the C line, my bad

by typesix

Heard a little bit on the scanner. Center truck derailed, think it was 3600 series T7.

by CSX Conductor

MBTAFan wrote:I doubt it. I haven't seen a Type 8 on the C line in quite a while. Unless it was the non-revenue trackage down chestnut hill ave, right near Cleveland Circle...
Just the other day JWhite mentioned that the MBTA is going to put Boeings back onto B service in order to keep the type 8's on a shorter leash on the C. :wink:

by BC Eagle

CSX Conductor wrote:
MBTAFan wrote:I doubt it. I haven't seen a Type 8 on the C line in quite a while. Unless it was the non-revenue trackage down chestnut hill ave, right near Cleveland Circle...
Just the other day JWhite mentioned that the MBTA is going to put Boeings back onto B service in order to keep the type 8's on a shorter leash on the C. :wink:
Key phrase here is "going to". I've yet to see any Breadas on the C-Line recently.

by jwhite07

Actually it was Jim Devlin who said he was told this was "the plan". I just prattled on for a bit as to why that was a good idea!

by GP40MC 1116

Currently doesn't the C line only use Boing LRV's or?

by typesix

LRVs and T7s are used.