• Grade Crossing Accident - 11/16

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by M1 9147

Of coarse this was no fault of the LIRR, this was done by a driver of coarse driving with a revoked license, and what happened, he paid the price of having his Nissan Pathfinder with his rear hatch door totally sheared off, and rear end destroyed with a shaken auto mechanic at Commack Road right next to the tracks. That is what you get for people who don't obey the laws. Sorry for the M7.

by Paul

Years back, "Trains Magazine" had a photo of "confirmed kill" markings on cab side of a locomotive. FEC comes to mind but I really don't remember. There is an Amtrak engineer I used to work with who has stick figure people engraved on his coffie mug for all his confirmed kills. There were also signs posted at some grade crossings saying "It takes an average of 10 seconds for a train to clear this crossing, whether your car is on it or not." Sometimes there are impressions left on the pilots from the tire rims impacting where you can clearly see the lug nut patterns. Metrolink 856 ran around for a year (or more) with the imprint of some pinhead's skull cap on the anti-climber. If I can find the picture I will post it. One of the most interesting fatalities I was involved with was some gang banger walking on the #2 track. The engineer on the train on #1 track was blowing the horn at him and and all that fool could was give him the gang signs and middle finger. He was too buisy showing the engineer how bad ass he was to notice the train on #2 track coming up behind him at 79mph. Popped him about 75 feet, but left his shoes at the impact point!