• GP40MC Top-Deck Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mbta1051dan

Mr.CommuterRail wrote:I didn't realize they were coming home with new skins :P.. Did you happen to see if they were re-fixed with AAR control stands or do they still have their desktops?
No, :(, they still have their desktops. BTW, I heard the 1139 is back in service, any word on what was fixed? It wasn't sent away to be overhauled.

-Dan

by AEM7AC920

Mr.CommuterRail wrote:I didn't realize they were coming home with new skins :P.. Did you happen to see if they were re-fixed with AAR control stands or do they still have their desktops?
Top deck does not include change desktop, why would they change the desktops anyways there is and would be no point.

by AEM7AC920

mbta1051dan wrote:
No, :(, they still have their desktops. BTW, I heard the 1139 is back in service, any word on what was fixed? It wasn't sent away to be overhauled.

-Dan
I forgot all about the 1139 I saw it this morning and wondered why the heck it looked so clean but now I remember that was the one out of service for a while with main generator problems.

by mbta1051dan

Kind of random but I am questioning the south-side "when it goes bad send it north" theory. It seems like a few weeks ago, the 1125 had some bad HEP problems on the north side, they told me they would look at it, and then the next day it was on the south side. Is it like a mechanical civil war between the north and south sides?

-Dan

by mbta1051dan

Will 1124 be going out for top deck pretty soon? I saw it today in Lincoln, it sounded horrible and was smoking pretty bad. It seems to be a piece of s*** b/c it keeps failing and having to be resuced by the 3247. It also was hooked up to the 1054 a while back:wink:.

by sery2831

1128 and 1131 are next up. Should be leaving soon.

The 1132 has had a few issues since it's return. I think the 1118 has been okay. I figured these engines would be problem free!

by mxdata

Unless a unit was taken out of service for a major electrical failure, and repairing that is part of the contract, the scope of the main engine related work at AMP is primarily mechanical. The condition of the main electrical system equipment on many of the units will be no different when they come back than it was when they were shipped out.

by travelsoccerkid1

sery2831 wrote:1128 and 1131 are next up. Should be leaving soon.

The 1132 has had a few issues since it's return. I think the 1118 has been okay. I figured these engines would be problem free!
None of the engines will EVER be problem free (unless we get brand new ones of course ... but with the way the engines around here are maintained, you never know).
  by GP40MC1118

The 1128 was placed for interchange today. CSX went by it though!

No word on the 1131.

Heard a bad rumor about the 1117 tonight.

d
  by GP40MC1118

Departing on No.275 no doubt...At least it made it back to Boston.

D

by MassBayMC1131

maybe MBCR is trying to bring the golden age of steam back :P

by acela 2036

I guess an oil pump exploded on 1117 tonight, spewing oil all over the place
1117 @ North Station
I GIVE CREDIT TO MASSBAYmc 1131 FOR THIS PICTURE
Last edited by acela 2036 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by MassBayMC1131

alex i just told you that... and PLEASE DONT post MY pictures!!!!!

by acela 2036

sery2831 wrote:1128 and 1131 are next up. Should be leaving soon.

1132 @ BET