Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by railmason357

At least Lee Carlson is a gentleman and geniunely wants to improve things and get information out there!
  by ebtmikado

Thank you for the nice compliment.

I dropped out of the Commuter Council 6 or 7 years ago.

Lee Carlson
  by runningwithscalpels

Surprise, Jim Cameron is now touting his reappointment to the new commuter council. (https://twitter.com/CTRailCommuters/sta ... 6995988481)

Not sure what Malloy wanted to accomplish by re-organizing (or whatever you'd like to call it) the council - but letting the root of the problem with it remain probably isn't the best idea...
  by DutchRailnut

as member not as chairman so far.
  by runningwithscalpels

Hopefully never ;)
  by Clean Cab

Appointing Cameron as a "member" might lead to this new group to actually accomplish something, aside from being a full time PIA to MN officials. I wonder if Cameron's ego took a hit when he wasn't appointed to lead this new group?
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Clean Cab wrote:Appointing Cameron as a "member" might lead to this new group to actually accomplish something, aside from being a full time PIA to MN officials. I wonder if Cameron's ego took a hit when he wasn't appointed to lead this new group?
Have to see who the other members are. If he's one vote without other powers he can easily be neutralized before going off-topic. As long as there isn't a majority of his own lackeys filling out the rest of the ranks. Given that the Council operated as his mini-dictatorship all these years they'd be well advised to go with mostly fresh faces and some constituencies that were shut out from the old Council.

Get some fresh thinking in there and he COULD be an asset just by having vast institutional knowledge, and he could be encouraged to work with people for a change by virtue of not having a controlling vote but yes having experience to impart. That said, I hope these member terms aren't for too many years because if he wants to pout and be a problem child they don't want to be stuck with his deadweight for too long.
  by runningwithscalpels

I believe Cameron himself said that the terms were 4 years.

As long as they don't load it with his lackeys and give said lackeys voting power to get him in the top position again...
  by DutchRailnut

Seems I see Butthurt at Cameron's angle.
  by runningwithscalpels

He tried recruiting me for the Shore Line East seat, but I moved back to the northwest corner of the state from Branford, so I passed.