• Gensets and ES60ACs

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MC6853

I just found this loco listed on Bullsheet... I went to RRpicturearchives because I didn't hear anything about it at all, and this is what I found...

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=978928

Anyone know anything about it? (Apart from the fact that it's horribly ugly)...

Oh, and in other news, it's been reported that the first AC6000CW has been converted into an ES60AC-- the 628...

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=948818

This may or may not be old news but I haven't heard it until just recently... :(

>>MC

by SimTrains

Word on the street is that they were having a lot of trouble with that particular unit, the 1300. We were testing a genset up in Rochester and Selkirk, NY, and it seemed to work fine. I don't know if this is the same one, the one we had was still in it's demonstrator paint job, green and gold or silver maybe? I don't really remember.
  by Conrail4evr

MC6853 wrote:Oh, and in other news, it's been reported that the first AC6000CW has been converted into an ES60AC-- the 628...
No, actually...they're still being called CW60ACs. No word on whether or not they're painting the units while they're in GE, but for as long as that one was there, I'd be surprised if it wasn't painted.

by TheChessieCatLives

The only thing that is going to be different with these units is that they will have the 6,000 horsepower GEVO prime mover. I have heard that GE will paint these units while they are at the plant. From what I understand, there will not be any change to the body of the units.

by MC6853

SimTrains wrote:Word on the street is that they were having a lot of trouble with that particular unit, the 1300. We were testing a genset up in Rochester and Selkirk, NY, and it seemed to work fine. I don't know if this is the same one, the one we had was still in it's demonstrator paint job, green and gold or silver maybe? I don't really remember.
That was a Railpower RP20BD demo, RPRX 5400... (I might add it looked 1000x better than the 1300)...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 142&nseq=9

>>MC

by amoreho1

ES60AC ?

by Conrail4evr

amoreho1 wrote:ES60AC ?
That's the railfan originated term for the CW60ACs (also known as AC6000CWs) that are being equipped with 6000 HP 16 cylinder Evolution prime movers. CSX still calls them CW60ACs, however.

by uhaul

I hope they iron out the problems with 1300. I have not read of any problems with the Gensets other railroads ordered. Wish 1300 was in YN2.

I type in Brown because I can.

by uhaul

Thank you for the link.
  by mbta1051dan

Conrail4evr wrote:
amoreho1 wrote:ES60AC ?
That's the railfan originated term for the CW60ACs (also known as AC6000CWs) that are being equipped with 6000 HP 16 cylinder Evolution prime movers. CSX still calls them CW60ACs, however.
I heard somewhere that the current GEVO 12 cylinder prime mover is the same kind that is 16 cylinders that are in the CW60ACs.

-Dan
  by CSX Conductor

The only noticable changes to the 628 were new computer screen on the engineer side as well as a new cab signal display unit.
  by atsf sp

Conrail4evr wrote:No word on whether or not they're painting the units while they're in GE, but for as long as that one was there, I'd be surprised if it wasn't painted.
Are we losing the AC6000cws to YN3 or are they staying in YN2?

And will we be seeing these ES60ACs in Boston or even a genset?
  by CSX Conductor

I don't see them painting the AC6000's anytime soon.
  by atsf sp

Thats good. YN2 looks better on them.