• Genealogy search- RR retirement board

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by SPACEMONKEY

Does anyone know what type of information the Railroad retirement board will produce in a Genealogy search?

I noticed on their web site it says for $27.00 they will do a search.

Has anyone ever done one of these searches? and if so would you mind saying what type of info does it produce? such as; work records, taxes, or more? Thanks
  by SPACEMONKEY

Well I got the results of a geneology search back.

I thought I would share this info as no one seems to know about this type of search.

Included in the results are the years of RR service of the employee searched, as well as the RR name and the title held and breakdown of yearly earnings. Also the benefit amount for any RR retirement (if employee was entitled to such benefits years of service requirements etc). This search can be done on any deceased person using their SS # and date of brith all of which this info the RRB web site shows you how to obtain and follow through with.

by Jonny Bolt

Wow. Neat stuff. I'd love to do that, my Great-Grandfather Thomson worked for the B&M. My oldest Brother got his B&M pocket watch.