• Freight Schedule Information

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by cody810

Ever since chuck petlick's page went under, I don't know what trains are running when. Is there another page like that that has up to date PAR freight schedules?
  by cody810

thats the page I was talking about, thanks. I need to use the archive more often.
  by shadyjay

Great UNH students must think alike as I was going to post the EXACT same link.... until I thought about it and I think cody810 was looking for something more current, since Chuck Petlick's site isn't being updated anymore. But I find the internet archive site linked above a great resource to look back on web pages that no longer exist.
  by Finch

Hehe, I didn't even realize at first that the link I posted was an archived site, not a current one. I just figured somehow it had changed locations or something.

shadyjay, let us know if you find anything more current.
  by shadyjay

I think with Guilford...err...Pan Am, the current schedule is standing trackside on a particular day and seeing what happens. Things have changed dramatically since my UNH days of just 10 years ago. Back then, the trains ran a lot slower, it was all Guilford power (except DOBO/BODO), and there were "PO" trains. Now things run through Rigby, there are leasers and Pan-Am paint, track speed is much higher, and there are passenger trains in the mix.

Your best bet is to join the GRS Railfans Yahoo! Group. Lots of posts and files in there with schedule info... best place to ask for current info from a variety of people.
  by cpf354

Chuck took the web site down some time ago. It never had freight schedules, just approximate on duty times for the crews. The freights on Pan Am don't operate on published schedules, they're all extra trains.
From the NORAC Rule Book from 2003:
TIMETABLE: A printed booklet that contains schedules and/or special instructions affecting the movement of trains.
SCHEDULE: The part of the Timetable that prescribes direction, number, frequency, and times for movement of designated trains.
SCHEDULED TRAIN: A train designated by Timetable Schedule.
EXTRA TRAIN: A train not designated by a Timetable schedule.