• Free Commuter Rail Back Bay to South Station

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by medford_mike

Today I took my normal BBY to BOS shuttle and the conductor asked for tickets as we boarded. Several people were confused since they have not been doing so for several weeks. The conductor said the promotion had ended on the first. If this is true they did not a worse job communicating the end of the program to the public then they did in announcing it which is never good.

by CSX Conductor

sery2831 wrote:Must be a South Side transportation notice, nothing in writing on the North Side.
I thought both sides were combined?!? If not, why do we get North Side notices and Bulletins. Perhaps they just didn't publish one at all.

by sery2831

The bulletins are combined, as you know. But a notice about that would come under a train master notice, so we dont get south side info on the north.
  by CircusFreakGRITZ

I realize this is an old thread but does this free service still exist? And, what about going FROM South Station TO Back Bay, is that free?
  by The EGE

As far as I know, yes, but free only Back Bay to South Station.
  by sery2831

Yes, never stopped. But is only good to FROM Back Bay TO South Station. You need pay a 1A fare to go from South Station to Back Bay.
  by CircusFreakGRITZ

Ah good to know. But it's funny how I'm the initial PR they touted it as a great way to see other parts of the city for free, when you have to pay the return fare :)