• Fred Richardson update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Pat Fahey

I would like to know if anyone,,could give me and update,, on Fred Richardson???

For those of you who do not know who he is,,,he the bussiness parther,,of F.Nelson Blount,,,the former owner of Steamtown & Edaville...

I would like too know how Fred is doing ,thank you Pat,,

by Steam

It is my pleasure to report that at least a month ago Fred was in good shape and had just moved to a new address in Barrington, RI. He called me to tell me his new address.

Back in January we sat down and chatted with him for several hours in his longtime family home. He told us he was moving so as to be in a house all on one floor, as stairs were difficult for him to climb.

We talked about a range of subjects, including all about Nelson Blount, Edaville, Steamtown, etc. It was a fascinating discussion, and he was as sharp as a tack. The good news is that we recorded it for posterity, and it will be on file at the Walker Transportation Collection, Beverly (MA) Historical Society once it's edited for continuity.

Fred had visited the Walker Collection a year earlier, and we arranged the interview at that time. Truly a gentleman of the "old school", and a wonderful man. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to his home, and we wish him well in the future.
  by CVRA7

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, Steam. And thanks to those who had the good foresight to record the interview. Not too many left of that generation - who actually witnessed the steam era and the pre-preservation Maine 2-footers first hand.