• FRED/EOTs of Today

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Luther Brefo

Does any one have dimensions on the FREDs and EOTs of today? I am talking about the end of train devices seen on class ones and well-to-do regionals and shortlines that feature two way telemetry and can report to the head end air pressure at the rear of the train as well as dump the air when called to do so in case of emergency.

These things:

by slchub

Dimensions such as HxWxL or info. on Mr. Fred such as battery voltage, range, etc.?

by Luther Brefo

slchub wrote:Dimensions such as HxWxL or info. on Mr. Fred such as battery voltage, range, etc.?
HxWxL. Thanks.

by bengt

A common sight in China.

by Luther Brefo

bengt wrote:
A common sight in China.
Thank you but I am looking for the dimensions on something in North America...

by Rockin' Roller

There are several variations, but the one I just checked was 30" tall, 6" wide and 5" deep. The area where the light is, was 6 1/2" tall and added 4" onto the depth. The air hose was about 2 feet long.
Hope that helps.

by Luther Brefo

Rockin' Roller wrote:There are several variations, but the one I just checked was 30" tall, 6" wide and 5" deep. The area where the light is, was 6 1/2" tall and added 4" onto the depth. The air hose was about 2 feet long.
Hope that helps.
That helps a lot! Thank you very much!

by Rockin' Roller

I didn't think to grab my camera to make sure it was clear what I was talking about. The part that sticks out with the light inside, is 2 or 3 inches below the top of the eot.