• Framingham / worcester line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

on the framingham worcester line, near boston, are there any all high level platforms? how about the whole line?

by CSX Conductor

None at all.

With the exception of Newtonville, West Newton & Auburndale, all of the stations have a mini high-level platform at the west end.

The high-level platform on Track #1 at Southboro is temporarily out of service per an MBCR formeman according to CSXT Dispatcher Bulletins for the past week or so. (Maybe it got hit by an open plug-door by a westbound freight out of Framingham.)

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ok, thanks :-D

by CSX Conductor

Just curios, why do you ask? Gona do the B&A on your Microsoft Trains Simulator?

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

good question, i'll answer you in a PM :-D

by CRail

let me know too matt.

Low ADA epuiped:
Back Bay
Yawkee
West Natick
Framingham
Ashland
Southboro
Westboroug
Grafton

Low Platforms:
Newtonville
West Newton
Auburndale
Wellesleey Farms
Wellesely Hills
Wellesely Square
Natick

All High:
Worcester

by CSX Conductor

Thanks Corey.................I don't know how I forgot about Worcester. ( I might have been thinking about the intermediate stops only).

by dcm74

Worcester is not all high level. Normally 5 cars will fit on the high level platform. The remaining two cars are on the bridge over Grafton St. The clearances were a little too tight to allow a full length high level platform.

by CSX Conductor

Also true, but in comparison to the rest of the line, it is closer to being mostly high-level.

by CRail

Ok. I have only been there twice and thought you could fit a whole set on the high, although i knew there was some low. Now that i think about it, the 2 times i have been there, there were cars exceeding the high level.

Thanks dcm74. :-)

by octr202

Funny I should stumble upon this this morning on NERail...

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... bydate%3A5

by trigonalmayhem

the low level platform is mostly left-over from when the trains used to stop further down (before Union Station was restored and reopened). There's a little dinky structure down along the low level platforms by the parking that used to be the amtrak ticketing counter. What a dump that thing is next to the restored station, though!