• Fort Erie, Ontario NYC station

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by latonyco

Like most of the Canada Southern mainline trackage, the most recent NYC passenger station at Fort Erie is now gone. It was located just west of the International Bridge on the north side of the main line tracks. I seem to recall that it was built in the early fifties replacing an earlier MCRR depot when that stop was known as Bridgeburg.
Is there any information available here about when that last station building may have been razed?

by SST

I never knew that their was a station sitting there. I live in BUffalo and I would have gone to check it out.

There is a station and steam locomotive sitting in Fort Erie. I don't recall who owned/operated them but it is at a small museum on Central Ave in between the the Peace Bridge and International Bridge.
  by latonyco

The Fort Erie Railway Museum has a CN 4-8-4 steam locomotive, 6218, and caboose on display. The Grand Trunk Railway passenger station, which was formerly located at Ridgeway, ON, is now located there too. The museum's office and gift shop is housed in a building which was once used to monitor traffic on the International Railway Bridge. Interesting though it is, I do not remember seeing any exhibits there which are related to the NYC, MCRR or the CASO. That is surprising particularly since the NYC and its Canadian predecessors have a long and interesting history in Fort Erie.