• Former Long Island baggage car in Rochester, NY?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by trainspot

Can anyone confirm if a former LIRR B-60 baggage car is or was at Rochester, NY and its number? Thanks!

by keeper1616

Where is/was it supposed to be in rochester? I'll check Atlantic Ave on the way to work tomarrow.

by Otto Vondrak

I dont want to say no or never... but no B-60s I know about in Rochester. I know a Penn Central B-60 is located at the Springfield, MA station for storage.

-otto-

by scottychaos

Here are a couple of baggage cars I photographed a few days ago out in Depew, east of Buffalo.
they belong to the Depew, Lancaster & Western and are numbured 2001 and 2002.
the closer one has faint lettering at the top, a railroad-roman "R" is faintly visable under the paint, and I think an "E" next to it..
probably "Erie Lackawanna"..
anyone know the history of these two cars?
the 2 cars are of definately of the same style/class.
I couldnt look for lettering on the further car as it was inside the fence.

http://www.railfan.net/railpix/submit/s ... e-cars.jpg

Scot

by njmidland

They are both ex-Lackawanna baggage cars now owned by GVT.

by BEDT16RMLI

um through my looking into this it is not in Rochester but in New York State I lost the information I had on this.
Mike Arnold
Twin Forks Chapter of the NRHS

by jr

There was a former PRR Baggage-Mail car, located near the I-490 I-590 interchange (locally known as "The Can of Worms"). This car was in a location that was quite visible from the Interstate. It was donated to the Rochester Chapter NRHS in 1994 by Rochester Refrigeration Inc. It is a class BM-70nb, and is now located at the Rochester & Genesee Valley RR Museum.

The Museum also rosters a 6-Bedroom Lounge car that spent time on the LIRR. It was "Pine Falls" on the PRR, and "Poquott" (I think) on the LIRR.

JR