• Foreign power on Guilford?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by thomas81z

First off ,I would like to say hi and let you know that my son and I are rabid railfans I live about a 1/4 of a mile from rockingham junction in newmarket N.H. so we are always down there.

heres my question, we noticed today that CSX and NORFOLK & SOUTHERN holding the siding ,we had never seen foreign. Motive power out here .The CSX was a SD-70 MAC AC and the other i couldn't make out.
WHAT ARE THEY DOING ON GUILFORD RAIL??????do they have some type of run thru agreement????
thanks!!!!!

by Pj

Stolen power via Guilford most likely (if its a GRS train). Guilford at times gets units from connecting trains... CSX from the Ayer job and NS from the Mt Tom coal trains.

Guilford use to get CSX run thru's a few years ago, but CSX got a little upset when engines would be missing for weeks at a time.

by thomas81z

thanks for the quick reply. Its funny because we never see newer equipment around here so we thought that it was nice ,guilfords credo is if it belongs in a museum it is at the rite price to buy for motive power :P if they could they would still run steam up here!@!!!

by CSX Conductor

CSXT runs the power through to Guilford and return back to CSXT on trains Q426(SEPO) & Q427(POSE) from the CSXT Boston main-line @ CP45 in Worcester and up to Ayer on Guilford, en-route to Portland. :wink:

by 130MM

CSX Conductor wrote:CSXT runs the power through to Guilford and return back to CSXT on trains Q426(SEPO) & Q427(POSE) from the CSXT Boston main-line @ CP45 in Worcester and up to Ayer on Guilford, en-route to Portland. :wink:
Hey, CSX! Any truth to the rumor that CSX is changing all its train symbols to a system of letter combos a la Conrail?

by CSX Conductor

The whole railroad is nothing but rumors lately, buyouts, abandonments, job cahnges etc......I heard about that symbol change though, and hope they do it. Except it wont be SEPO-03 for today. It would be SELPOR0301 (first 3 letters of origin and destination, as opposed to ConRail using 2 then the 2 numbers for the date, and then 01 for original train, 02 for second section, etc.