• Flooding Concerns This Weekend?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Noah_Plack

Since the Green Line flood of 1996 (?), predictions of heavy rains and/or flooding result in the T checking to ensure dam materials are in place and that pumps and drains are in good working order.

Noah

by efin98

There are always plans, what really matters is how long does it take to utilize the plans. You can plan all you want but if you can't get at the affected area(s) then the plans are a mute point...

I suspect that there is some trouble with the Blue Line and Green Line again but thankfully the rains weren't as bad as expected in the city so flooding should have been kept to a minimum. Worst case scenario: service suspended early for the night...

by Ron Newman

Because of flooding, an area was closed off with yellow tape Saturday where the Winter Street Concourse meets the southbound Orange Line platform at Downtown Crossing.

by efin98

That's nothing, Haymarket's Orange Line platforms have been leaking for years- and they got renovated only a decade or so ago!

And don't get me started on Maverick...it doesn't flood in the station but it's got a hell of alot of water damage on the walls!

by Porter Sq

The problem at North Station has been there more than a few weeks try a couple of months. 3-4 weeks ago they had a write up about it in the globe in starts and stops.The T said they would fix the problem(before the end the the century).As of today it is still leaking.

There's one other bad spot but it's kinda hard too see. On the outbound side of the Red Line between Davis and Alewife. Right before the cross over the train I was on stoped.We were in the second car siting next to the cab. We were waiting for the signal to clear(This is where you have to be too see it).My dad says look behind you.So I look and there is this stream of gushing water. It was pretty bad you probably could have filled a average bathtub within 10 mins the way it was coming out.There was also somekind of yellow bulidup around the hole. I really hope that more leaks don't start poping up becoming a serious problem with red line service.

by Ron Newman

Earlier in the winter I also recall water coming from the ceiling in the Green Line part of Park Street -- I think on the left side of the southbound platform.

But nothing anywhere is as bad as Shawmut Station.