• Fires along the tracks in Carmel, ME - 04-12-2011

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

From the Bangor Daily News:
Bangor Daily News wrote:A passing train is believed to have sparked a number of small fires along a mile or two of the railroad tracks between Fuller Road and the Souadabscook Stream around noon, Carmel Fire Chief Mike Azevedo said Tuesday evening.
Read more at: http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/04/ ... relatedBox
  by gokeefe

Tim Mullins wrote:unreal....they'll be getting hit with fines again!
Tim,

I wouldn't be so sure. This time of year things are so dry, right after the snow melts, that ground fires are extremely common. Heat and flame sources that normally wouldn't be a cause for concern become capable of lighting practically anything.

I would agree fines might be possible in the summer but based on the conditions I think the State might give PAR the benefit of the doubt on this one.

NB: I say this with all due respect to your experience and based on my own as a volunteer (Pro-Board Certified) firefighter in my own town.