• Fall 2022 Train Show Calendar for Upstate NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by lvrr325

I did well at Binghamton.

A lot of rumors about the future of those shows; promoter Jeff Olin says he has the venue booked through 2030 and will continue to do them the same weekends in November and March until then.

This weekend is a heavy snow forecast for Buffalo. Potential for them to cancel Hamburg if they really get belted Friday.
  by lvrr325

Official from Art at the WNYRHS -

the Hamburg show is CANCELLED due to pending weather. The governor's already declared a state of emergency, commercial trucks are banned from the Thruway from I390 to the state line as of 4 PM, etc. and with three feet predicted it looks like the county or the venue itself pulled the plug. Some may recall a few years ago they had to cancel this show because they got seven feet through Hamburg from lake effect bands, I guess the potential is there from this one also.

Your other option this weekend is the Albany Train Show in the Polish Center. I actually called to see if they had any space and they're overbooked as it is. So I will be home and frankly glad I don't have to drive to Buffalo, as much as I like the event itself, I hate the drive out.

I can do a tentative list for the spring season - some of these are solid per the organization, others are guesswork based on when these shows typically take place.

Jan 16 Utica TTCS ( I have flyers for this, can't remember if 16th or 23rd)
Jan 28-29 Springfield MA
Jan 29 (?) Trainorama

Feb 18-19 Hamburg and Rochester Greenberg
Feb 26? Depew TTCS

March 11 Binghamton
March ? Albany (Polish Center) (may not happen due to booking issues)
March 12 Camillus
March 26 Batavia (confirmed)

April 2 N Tonawanda TTCS
April 2 or 16 Amsterdam (9th is Easter)
April 22-23 or 29-30 Lockport TTCS/NOME
April 29-30 or May 6-7 Fulton Spring Show

Most of these will be confirmed by the time GTE happens and I'll probably do an official post then.
  by umtrr-author

Sunday 11/27 - Rochester - TTCS Rochester Thanksgiving Show. (source on this incorrectly shows 28th as date - that's a Monday)

I'm told that if there was a show, it wasn't at the previous location of the Diplomat Party House. That building is shut down with an "Asbestos" notice on the front door. There was no update on the TTCS website; instead, the 2021 information remained on the Train Shows page.
  by lvrr325

I want to say there were flyers out for a show but I need to go look at the stack I saved.
  by lvrr325

I just rechecked what I posted originally. Listings posted in italic are not confirmed. I guess I need to make that more obvious in the future.

My understanding is no show was ever actually scheduled.
  by SST

Utica's Face Book flyer is showing Sunday January 15, 2023 for the train show. I've missed the past several shows due to the virus thing....I think I will take another Amtrak run from BUF to UCA and either just spend the day or stay over night. I've been wanting to check out that little restaurant [Golden's} that is basically a triangle....Genesee St at Washington St. anybody been there?
  by lvrr325

GTE show was busy as heck up through about 12:30 then it was like someone flipped a switch and I only sold a couple things after.

RIT show this weekend and that's probably it for any large shows until Utica. My bad on the date.

I can confirm spring Amsterdam for April 2 and next fall Massena show Sept 23-24. Earliest I've seen a flyer for them. I got the mailing for WNYRHS winter show, too, Feb 18-19.
  by lvrr325

RIT show was it's usual slow self. I sold barely half what I did at GTE the week before. I expect next year I will just be an attendee. Lots of people were saying the same, slow sales, a few folks packed up end of day Saturday and left even.

I wouldn't care if it was a one day show and I was selling the same average, but between the higher table costs and the need to get a motel it's barely worth the trouble to set up.

Anyhow yhat's basically it for 2022, there could be some small shows like at the Broadway Market this coming week but I haven't seen any advertising for them.

I have most of the first half of 2023 confirmed, a few of the TTCS shows and Camillus aren't yet, will probably post later this week.