Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Alcochaser

I saw this picture on the Fallen FLags site.... but I dont see this opn any Metro North roster. I know its an F unit, but whats it heritage.

http://gelwood.railfan.net/mncr/mnc417.jpg

On that point, does anyone have an all time MNCR Diesel Roster? Perhaps even with leased (if there was any) locomotives.

by metman499

The engine is now painted up Lehigh Valley, in the collection of the URHS. MN leased this loco and another F-7 from the URHS and restored them to LV appearance after they were ready to be returned. Before the URHS got them they were on NJT operating on the Hoboken side and before that C&NW.

by Otto Vondrak

417 still wore its platinum mist and black scheme from NJT, and only got the treatment you see in the photo- MN-style road number, MN decals on the side, and M-in-a-circle on the nose. The lease conditions specified mechanical rehab and cosmetic repaint into LV colors, in return for a nominal fee lease arrangement, from what I gather. Units were expertly painted at North White Plains shop.

I think this was back in the mid-1990s.

-otto-