• Enola Trip Wrap-up

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by dwil89

My second day of my latest Enola stay began with a run West to Lewistown. I spent a couple of hours at the Lewistown Station and caught several trains including two Eastbounds with former Conrail Locomotives in Fresh Horsehead paint. First was NS SD60M 6778, leading an Eastbound pigtrain. Next was former Conrail (LMS) C40-8W 8455 in fresh wet look Horsehead with white eyebrow leading an Eastbound Coaldrag. Then I caught a pair of Horsehead GP40-2's coming into town to tie onto a cut of cars in Lewistown Yard and take them West to Altoona under symbol C42. I then caught the 406, a loaded Hightop Hopper Westbound loaded Coke Train powered by a pair of NS C40-9W's, and then the 591, a Westbound empty hopper train, with more C40-9W's Then, it was some exploring around the Lewistown area before heading back to Newport, and making my way towards Duncannon via Lower Bailey Rd and Aqueduct to 849 into Duncannon and shooting from a grade crossing along Lower Bailey Rd. After that, some more trains were lensed at Cove, Marysville, and Enola before heading back to the Quality Inn across from Enola Yard. Today was return trip home. All in all, an enjoyable couple of days out in Enola, and looking forward to my next Cresson trip later this month. Dave Williams http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nsaltoonajohnstown