• Ellison Avenue bridge replacement

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by REM3Night

Report is that work is progressing well and the bridge will reopen mid April
  by Head-end View

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to it.
  by hotbike

Yes, I drove along Old Country Road yesterday , and the Ellison Avenue Detour signs were still in place... I was just wondering when it would open...
  by REM3Night

A little over a month left to the completion of the bridge. Several people that I spoke to say it will be completed on time.
It is wide enough for three tracks.
Ray
  by BM6569

Yes bridge was redone with third mainline track in mind. One less thing to do when the project officially starts.
  by REM3Night

14 days and counting.
Ray
  by REM3Night

7 days to go and it is on schedule.
Ray
  by Head-end View

Anyone know if there is going to be a public ceremony for the opening? Date, time, etc?
  by Head-end View

A lighted sign on Old Country Rd. in front of Holy Rood Cemetery says the bridge will open on Sat. April 16th. I still have no info on whether there will be any public ceremony.
  by SwingMan

I don't think there is pavement on the north side yet as of today so I'm not sure how truthful they are.
  by Head-end View

South side approach wasn't paved either as of this morning. I assume it will be done over the next few days.
  by MattAmity90

It shouldn't take long to pave it over, it's not like they are repaving a racetrack or a huge section of highway. Also this came to mind, instead of people using the grade crossings at New Hyde Park to get to the other side, why didn't they put in a pedestrian tunnel or bridge in the first place? Would have prevented many unauthorized people getting hit.
  by REM3Night

They paved it this afternoon.
  by REM3Night

It's open - ribbon cutting at 3 PM