• Eastbound Thursday, 11/10/2005

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by David Hutchinson

Through Warwick at 9:50 AM today:

NYSW 3668
OINK 3664 (Oink written in the dirt on the radiator)
NYSW 3016

by RichM

Was this the train that stalled around Oakland late Wednesday afternoon? I heard the Route 202 crossing was blocked on a WCBS traffic report, but I had already pased the area while driving north on 287.

by cjvrr

The train that stalled Wednesday was another eastbound, the SU-100. They supposedly had a multitude of problems, from engines crapping out to running out of sand, to running a crew short on time.

NYS&W = Now You Sit & Wait

by RichM

Thanks Chris! Another mystery solved. Good thing I didn't stop at the Dunkin Donuts in Oakland for coffee.

by Steve F45

So thats what the problem was with that train in oakland. That train caused alot of problems up there. 287 was closed and so was skyline driver due to a fatal accident. All traffic was diverted to 202 but had nowhere to go with the train blockin the way.

by Lackawanna484

david, thanks again for posting these "heads-up" notices