• Doylestown R5 P/P service: Why it did not work out

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by MACTRAXX

Everyone: In other posts herein I recall seeing questions on why the push-pull train sets were not used on hot express trains such as the North Penn Limited in R5 service-I recall this: The train could not meet the schedule as was almost always late when SEPTA used them there as well as the problem with the small substation at Doylestown. I was told something along the lines that the AEM7s pull as much juice as 8 MU cars. Another reason was having to pull the pan down at DOY because of complaints from nearby homeowners about the noise. As some know,the Reading electrification was not designed for locomotives and even now I have heard that only 2 AEM7s can be on the Reading side at any given time-is this still true? MACTRAXX

by jfrey40535

Maybe, its always been the case. West Trenton is the only Reading line with P/P's on it. Before that Warminster had one and WTrenton had one.

by wagz

Which West Trenton Train got the second PP set? I beleive it was 6321 and 6374 that had it before. Did the Neshaminy Limited get the second? My master timetable from last year shows the "Limited" having 6 MUs anyway.

by R3 Rider

Previously, the push-pull set was used on 6325, the last AM express run, and 6374, the first PM express run. The second set is being used for the Neshaminy Limited (6321 and 6378).