• Dover recrewing point?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by deeptrax

So the recent SEPO trend seems to show that the trains stop in Dover to let 686 (I think) pass at around 1530. Do the freights generally stop and recrew or do they just roll through slowly? If they don't generally recrew here, where do they usually recrew? (possibly a swap with POSE?)
  by MEC343

I believe they usually recrew somewhere around Lowell.
  by deeptrax

Alright, thanks! But in Dover, do these trains still stop or do they just roll through?
  by Dick H

Dover can be a recrew point if a crew outlaws there or at Rollinsford.
I am not sure, but I do not think there is a crew base at Dover currently.
Crew is taxied from Portland to Dover to take over, when a train outlaws
there. Dover still has an office trailer, so that could change.
  by MEC343

Dover still has the trailer because PH1 starts on duty there.
  by newpylong

There hasn't been a PH-1 in years. DO-1 services Porsmouth now, they may or may not even be based out of Dover anymore (it was Rigby for a while).
  by MEC343

PH1 runs the DOBO trains to Boston Sand and Gravel, picking up the train in Dover from the Northcoast crews.
  by newpylong

Thanks for the info, that job always used to be advertised as DOBO/BODO....

is that the only job these days going to work there? We used to recrew SEPO there a lot but it seems to have shifted further west.