• Do The Silverliner II's And III's Operate On The Weekends?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by SubwayTim

I will be going to Philly tomorrow (Saturday) to check out the new 56th Street El station in West Philly. Besides that, I'm planning to take one of my friends railfanning on the El, and maybe one or two of the regional rail lines. He says that he has never been on a Silverliner II or III, and I'm hoping we can catch at least one of them tomorrow. What are the chances of getting a Silverliner II or III on a Saturday? What line(s) would they most likely be on? BTW, I will be going into Philly on the R2 from Marcus Hook. Thanks for any info.

by whovian

Generally, SEPTA uses Silverliner IV married pairs on most routes on the weekends with the exception of Trenton/CHE R-7's, which get 3 Silverliner IV cars. You may get lucky and catch some Budds and Louis' on the R-3 Elwyn line or the R-2 Warminster. I'm sure SEPTA is adding cars to every consist for the upcoming week for the Flower Show, so you may luck up that way as well.

by jfrey40535

They were today. I saw a 2 car mixed set of II & III going to Elwyn at 2:00pm. Got a chance to photograph it and stare at it for awhile during my 30 minute wait for the R8 when the wires fell down today.

by Jersey_Mike

This weekend I rode on SII 9010 and 919 on the R3 R1 respecticly going to/from 30th St.