• District #2 Woes from Ice Storm

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Dick H

As of Monday evening (12/15), much of the signal system and crossing protection between Portland and Plaistow is still out of service. News accounts say that much of the power is still off from East Kingston west to Atkinson. All crossing protection west of Exeter is out of service, requiring all trains to stop and protect the crossing. Some crossings in Wells ME are still out of service. Trains have to get permission by stop signals at most interlockings and even where there are green signals, there is a 25 MPH speed limit.

Most Downeasters are being bused. #687 is running, but will be more than two hours late by Dover and may run afoul of the hours of service law, requiring a recrew. No word on the NHN, but I don't believe they ran today.

Dick
  by Finch

No word on the NHN, but I don't believe they ran today.
I wasn't around at the right time to see them today, but I know I haven't laid eyes on the green and yellow paint since before the ice storm. A few Guilford freights have snuck through at reduced speed.
  by Dick H

Here's a list of PSNH estimated 95% completion of repairs by town. Looks like the towns along GRS/PAR west of Exeter use another utility, as they are not listed other than Atkinson. Crossings from west of Exeter to Plaistow still stop and protect tonight. Signal system still pretty much down. No word on the Portland to NH state line section.

http://64.140.220.121/psnhnews2/images/ ... 216(1).pdf

At the moment, Downeasters show back running on Saturday. UNH goes on Holiday break starting Saturday, but I expect many students leave on Friday. I hope that NNEPRA provides buses on Friday.

Dick