• Dispatcher Changes ?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by PVRX1

With the decentralizing of system dispatchers underway, is the NI dispatcher still controlling the Trenton Line, Harrisburg Line (CSX portion) etc. from Albany or did a new desk like "BF" or something open up at baltimore for this??
  by amtrakhogger

As per August Railpace, the CSX dispatcher moves are from Jacksonville to Halethorpe, MD. The "AU" and "CQ" desks
have moved in to Halethorpe and have been renamed "BC" and "BD" respectively. There is no mention of any desks
moving from Selkirk, NY.
  by CSX Conductor

If there were any changes they should be in a General Bulletin, either Albany or Baltimore Division, whichever is effected.
  by PVRX1

The reason i ask is the CSX Albany TT I am looking at shows the Trenton Line and CSX portion of the Harrisburg Line as part of the Albany Division, with "(Baltimore Division)" listed on the timetable page. The Baltimore Division book shows only the same section of the Harrisburg Line that is shown in the Albany book.

Neither the Baltimore or Albany employee TTs I have show those lines on their respective maps.

So I was wondering if the Trenton and Harrisburg lines were going to be moved into baltimore or remain at Albany.

Just a confusing thought.
  by Jayjay1213

When I would come out of South Phily Yard with NS slab trains, I would have to call Albany for our Z orders, which makes me think there would not be any changes for the area you are questioning.
  by TheChessieCatLives

The eighty some odd dispatchers that Huntington will have will use an "H" instead of an "A" now.

List of subdivisions on the Huntington Division.

Huntington East. (These are the main subdivisions only!)
Alleghany Subdivision - Clifton Forge,Va. to Hinton, WV.
Athens Subdivision - Columbus, Ohio to Groveport, Ohio.
Cincinnati Subdivision - Limeville, Kentucky to Cincinnati, Ohio.
Columbus Subdivision - Columbus, Ohio to Fostoria, Ohio.
Columbus Lins Sub - Galion, Ohio to Columbus, Ohio.
James River Subdivision - Gladstone, Virginia to Clifton Forge, Virginia.
Mountain Subdivision - Cumberland, Maryland to Grafton, West Virginia.
New River Subdivision - Hinton, West Virginia to Montgomery, West Virginia.
Northern Subdivision - Russell, Kentucky to Columbus, Ohio.
Peninsula Subdivision - Newport News, Via. to Richmond, Virginia.
Rivanna Subdivison - Richmond, Va. to Gladstone, Virginia.

West.
Big Sandy Sub - Catlettsburg, Ky. to Elkhorn City, Kentucky.
Blue Ridge Sub - Erwin, Tenn. to Spartanburg, SC.
CC Sub - Cincinnati, Ohio to Corbin, Kentucky
EK Subdivision - Winchester, Ky. to Martin, Ky.
KD Sub - Corbin, Ky to Etowah, Tennessee.
Kingsport Sub - Elkhorn City, Kentucky to Erwin, Tennessee.
Old Road Subdivision - Louisville, Kentucky to Winchester, Kentucky.

This does not cover all of the branch lines that the Huntington Division covers.
  by mmi16

PVRX1 wrote:The reason i ask is the CSX Albany TT I am looking at shows the Trenton Line and CSX portion of the Harrisburg Line as part of the Albany Division, with "(Baltimore Division)" listed on the timetable page. The Baltimore Division book shows only the same section of the Harrisburg Line that is shown in the Albany book.

Neither the Baltimore or Albany employee TTs I have show those lines on their respective maps.

So I was wondering if the Trenton and Harrisburg lines were going to be moved into baltimore or remain at Albany.

Just a confusing thought.
The Trenton line is dispatched by the NI Desk at Selkirk, however, the Trenton Line is the operational responsibility of the Baltimore Division. Why such a bastardized organizational structure exists is beyond belief.

The Landover, Popes Creek and Herbert Subs, that were a part of the NI Desk's responsibilities were transfered to the BC Desk at Halethorpe when the dispatchers were relocated from Jacksonville to Halethorpe. Until the change these lines were also a part of the Baltimore Division which Division Management did not have direct control of because of the direct control coming from Selkirk.