• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Kaback9

JohnFromJersey wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:39 pm Today is a holiday, Columbus Day / Indigenous People's Day, depending on how you see it. My union job has off today, so I assume the union jobs at Conrail also have off today, so I don't think we are going to see SA-31 today

I also don't see how it would be impossible to have 752, 1888, and 2005 all present for the event this Friday. Likely they are giving 1888 some cleaning to prepare for the event, and having 752 go take over any duties on the FIT while that happens
The railroad runs 24/7 my friend. Holidays? What are those lol
  by AceMacSD

MHKProductions wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:48 pm 4408 is the only locomotive today? Is he going to be able to pull 15 on the return later today, especially giving that last week 4408 had a breakdown and didn't even leave browns. He should be good now if he's taking care of the '31 by himself again.
The engine didn't break down. Had ptc issues, notta break down. It'll get those cars back. Sides, they're empties.
  by RFRailFan

MHKProductions wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:48 pm 4408 is the only locomotive today? Is he going to be able to pull 15 on the return later today, especially giving that last week 4408 had a breakdown and didn't even leave browns. He should be good now if he's taking care of the '31 by himself again.
Does SA31's have a usual time slot for leaving RB for the return trip to Browns? Would like to see it run one of these evenings.
  by JohnFromJersey

AceMacSD wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:57 pm Ya ain't gonna see Freehold cars going to bank until the track works begin. They're starting in spring and'll last til probably end of summer.
So, will cars for the Southern start coming through Jamesburg between now and the Spring? Or will two separate transfers continue for the foreseeable future?
  by JohnFromJersey

They've been doing more brush clearing where the southbound leg of the wye is supposed to go. In addition to that, they have been brush-clearing the old diamond approach... So it looks like they will use that, I assume for some sort of storage, unless whatever that recycling/garbage facility is going to get service via that track..

Sounds like they are going to need another switch!
  by AceMacSD

We've still got more work to do. Shouldn't be long before the wye and storage tracks are in. Remember Freehold cars'll need a place to stay when they come from bank next spring.
  by JohnFromJersey

So, I assume that RB-1 will interchange with JB-1 in Farmingdale with cars interchanged from SA-31 in Red Bank then?

Do you know if we will see any cars for the Southern Secondary come through Jamesburg between now and the Spring?
  by Bracdude181

I’ve been told 752 is receiving a new coat of black paint.

Update on the Squankum Road repairs. New relay case is in place. The pole that got knocked down a few weeks back was replaced by a pole that came from Thomas Road on the DDRR Washington Secondary. The sign has the NS police number and an ID tag from Warren County. Pole was put on the new concrete footer.
  by Bracdude181

If what I was told earlier is correct then yes. Not a Red Baron CNJ. It’s actually the Vermont Railways paint with BLACK RIVER covering The old logo.
  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:If what I was told earlier is correct then yes. Not a Red Baron CNJ. It’s actually the Vermont Railways paint with BLACK RIVER covering The old logo.
#752 was last painted around 1984 when it was purchased from BN as BN #1879 for Clarendon and Pittsford Railroad ( CLP), which is a subsidiary of VTR. When #752 was purchased from CLP in 1993 the CLP logo was removed and " Black River" was added. I heard a long time ago that 752 was going to become #1852, wonder if that is still true.
  by Bracdude181

North at Squankum Road 12:17 PM. 2005 is at the front and 1888 is at the very back of the train dead in tow…
  by GSC

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:07 am North at Squankum Road 12:17 PM. 2005 is at the front and 1888 is at the very back of the train dead in tow…
Sixteen cars?