• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

SemperFidelis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:27 pm Hmm. Thank you very much. Thought that BR&W was owned by C&D but i guess i just got that backwards.
It could be vice versa.

Northbound at DCS ROOSEVELT 1:30 PM
  by cx4storm

SemperFidelis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:14 pm I'm just getting reacquainted with the railroad scene in the area. So, DRRR is part of C&D's system? Sorry if that's a bit of a pedestrian question to ask but I was away for the takeover from Conrail.
From the C&D website:

"Chesapeake and Delaware, LLC (CAD) is the parent company of the Dover and Delaware River Railroad Company (DD) and the Dover and Rockaway River Railroad Company (DRRV)."

"CAD affiliate railroads Belvidere & Delaware River Railway (BDRV) and the Black River & Western Railroad (BRW) extend our market reach into central New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania."

Semper FI!

Source: http://www.chesapeakeanddelaware.com/
Last edited by cx4storm on Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by SemperFidelis

And a thank you and oo-rah to you, sir, for the information!
  by Bracdude181

I’ve been told the work taking place in Englishtown is complete, and that heavy repairs have been done. Word is they put steel ties and either 132 or 136 pound rail in there as well which would practically be a complete rebuild compared to how horrible they were previously…
  by SemperFidelis

Do you know if they ever hauled all of that contaminated soil off of the NAS at Lakehurst? There was talk of rehabbing the line aboard base to do just that.
  by Bracdude181

SemperFidelis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:02 pm Do you know if they ever hauled all of that contaminated soil off of the NAS at Lakehurst? There was talk of rehabbing the line aboard base to do just that.
The last soil train out of Joint Base McGuire-Dix was in the mid 2000s. There was talk that such trains would start up again but so far nothing has materialized…
  by SemperFidelis

They ran trains out of Dix and McGuire side or the NAS Lakehurst side?
  by Bracdude181

JoeSchmoe69 wrote:Is SA-31 running on Thanksgiving?
No. Hardly anything runs on thanksgiving.
  by Bracdude181

JoeSchmoe69 wrote:Hmm ok. You think no RB1 tomorrow either?
No. I was told they dropped JB-1s train in Jamesburg on Wednesday so maybe they’ll go to Freehold. I don’t see RB-1 running until 31 brings the transfer in. They may transfer it tomorrow and run Saturday.

If they run Saturday chances are I won’t be reporting it or seeing it. I’ll be busy with something else that day.