• Dash 8 returns?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Idiot Railfan

Heard from a friend in Binghamton that one of the Dash 8s, which disappeared after the lease was up a year ago, looked to be on the property in Binghamton. He thinks it's 4004, but will try to get a better look.

Could this be true? Were they repainted and renumbered after they left?

by njt4172

Idiot,

You should post your question to the NYSW list....To subscribe its [email protected]

Also RCBSD45 might know

Steve

by trainfreak

If i remember right one of the B40-8's didnt go to the P&W yet as i think there might have been freeze damage but i am not absolutley sure.

by Idiot Railfan

It's confirmed! NYS&W 4004 is sitting in Binghamton as of 4 p.m. This blast from the past may be on SU-100 tonight. It is currently facing west, but engines can be turned in Binghamton.

Where had this engine been for the past year, and what were the circumstances leading to its presence in Binghamton?

by DutchRailnut

believe that engine went to utica for repairs and may be on its way to new owner Providence and Worchester in Massachussets.

by trainfreak

Will anyone be able to post a definate on if the 4004 will go down on the 100 tonight/tomorrow? If so it would be greatly appriciated.

by DutchRailnut

look for 4004 and 4006 to head from Binghampton towards Massachusets both are bought by P&W and no longer are in NYS&W service.

by trainfreak

Does anyone remember what routing the 4002 took when it went over to the P&W? I just now read on the NYSW Yahoo! Group that the SU100 departed Binghamton at 2100 hours. Good luck chasing.

by DutchRailnut

Binghampton to Albany to Bellows Falls Vt to NECR

by trainfreak

So i would assume that it went north from Bingo to Syracuse then east on the Chicago Line. So the chances seem slim that the 4004 will be on the 100 tomorrow. Unless they are just running it down and back to make sure everything works.

by Idiot Railfan

4004 remained in Binghamton and did not go east on SU-100 (8-17)

But speaking of blasts from the past, the 1800 is working the Binghamton yard this evening, and as of 10:20, an NS train was holding in Binghamton waiting to go south on the Scranton Division, and the second unit was a former NYS&W SD-45, still in yellow and black!

by trainfreak

Well im still going to try and catch tomorrows train anyway. Hopefully it will have a few yellow jackets on it.

by DutchRailnut

4004 left Bighamton today acording the P&W list on Yahoo.

>>NYSW Eng 4004 is the trailing unit dead in tow on #253-18 to be set
>>off at Whitehall for the VTR enroute the P&W.